Finding a lost pension

Changes in life circumstances (such as moving house or job) can sometimes mean you lose touch with former pension schemes.

If you think you've lost, misplaced or forgotten about a pension you paid in to in a previous job, the Department for Work and Pensions offer a free Pension Tracing Service to help you find it.

All pension schemes (including the FPS) have to be registered with them and the Tracing Service can help pension holders and/or their dependants trace any lost pension rights.

In UK there are over four million unclaimed pension entitlements so it is worth checking and it doesn’t cost anything.

Simply go to; or

Telephone: 0800 731 0193

Also, don’t forget to keep your pension providers up to date with any change in your home address and email details.


Please rate your experience on our website